Friday, May 27, 2011

Piccolo Spoleto Outdoor Art Show and Infusion Art Show

First Day - Piccolo Spoleto Outdoor Art Exhibition

We were fortunate - cloudy, nice breeze and no rain- getting settled in - we're all in different spaces this year, which I think is a good thing.  Today was jurying and getting to know our new neighbors, plugging in our cell numbers in each others' phones so we can be back in a flash to make a sale. Getting used to the new hours 10-6pm instead of 10-5pm.  A little confusion there, but hey, we're all in right brain territory.

Alex finishes hanging my exhibition

We had the opening reception last night and and an encore reception tonight (we like receptions...).  I'm so honored to be part of this show - a true multi-media event  with 14 artists, 8 musicians and air conditioning.  The receptions were lots of fun and we've had good press, and I love that my tent in Marion Square is right across the street from the show!

I had a wonderful surprise last evening when my friend Andrea showed up at the reception with purple hair and her new husband (both are fabulous) - Andrea, you made my day! And congratulations!

Writer Andrea St. Amand and husband, Colive


No comments: