Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Spring of Art Shows

"In the Beginning"
4"x 6" Image
Mounted on Black Matboard
12" x 14" Framed

This spring has been a busy one - last weekend I participated in the First Annual Sea Islands Chamber of Commerce Outdoor Art Show at Bohicket Marina  with a wonderful group of artists.  This was the first showing of my "Beginnings" pieces created for a special Artist on Fire "Beginnings" Show in December, and I was pleased at the interest in these pieces and how they are made - in the same way and with the same materials used during the Middle Ages.

I have another outdoor show at Edisto next weekend - I have been part of this show for many years. In fact, this was my first show ever - 4 months after I started painting in January 1986.  It's always fun to do this show - to see old friends, especially  those who knew me before I was an artist (or before I knew I was an artist...).


No comments: