Thursday, May 13, 2010

Blogging Paris - 5/13/10

Paris at Night - from the roof terrace of La Tour Montparnasse

La Tour Montparnasse is 1 block from my hotel and last night I rode to the top - the 56th floor and then went on the rooftop deck and took pictures - the view of Paris is 360 degrees and absolutely incredible!

So I headed out for my last day in Paris - took the Metro and, yes, there was a different musician this morning:
Metro Musician Man of the Day

Got off at the Tuilerie Gardens to go the L'Orangerie Art Museum - what a wonderful experience - Monet's water lilies - huge artworks - 2 oval rooms of 4 huge paintings, one on each wall.  I just sat there and was drawn into the landscape:
Monet's Water Lilies at The L'Orangerie

 I really enjoyed this art museum - In addition to Monet, there are works by Modigliani, Picasso, Derain, Rousseau, Utrillo and Matisse, among others.  And there was an excellent temporary exhibition on Paul Klee.

Then back to the Louvre for the 3rd time - I really wanted to see the Rembrandts (worth it!) and, oddly enough, Hammurabi's Code of Laws (also worth it!):

Code of Hammurabi

There were still pieces I wanted to see in the Louvre, but I'll have to return to Paris for those...I finally made it to the Champs Elysees:
  I was here


 Now I'm in the middle of the Champs Elysees
and why I wouldn't want to drive here...

 
But it is home to the Arc de Triomphe
and those are people walking around on the top

The Champs Elysees is also home to some famous stores like Cartier's, Mercedes-Benz and

Louis Vuitton

It's been a grand trip, and I fly home tomorrow so it's time to go pack my not Louis bags for the trip back to the States.  Au revoir, mon ami!


No comments: